Mar 4, 2009

The Watchmen


I am making this a short post because I am work, but can I just say that I am so stoked for THE WATCHMEN to come out. I am still currently reading the graphic novel, and I must say, it’s full of wonder and surprises. Starting it, I really had no clue what to expect. I thought it was going to be a typical superhero novel. I was way off. It goes into way more depth than your typical Spiderman superman comic. None the less, it still has lots of action, crime, murder, corruption, betrayal, masked vigilantes and bad guys. But The Watchmen has a different twist on it. It portrays a world that is going into WW3, and the role of a super hero is pretty much a joke. You are led on a goose hunt but a character believing that there is a murder of masked hero’s, and he wants to get to the bottom of it. As the story goes on, you learn about the masked hero’s, their true identities, and who they really are. Let’s just say all superheros aren’t exactly clean cut stellar guys. This novel, and hopefully movie, makes the notion that a super hero, masked vigilante is something that could happen today. It is different in so many ways than most comic book stories. It gives reasons and stories that almost make sense of why they fight crime, and why they are the way they are. I don’t know how they are going to fit all the amazing elements that are in the comic into the movie, but never before have I been more excited to see a comic book movie. I highly recommend reading the watchmen. I started it a few days ago and I am almost done with it. It is really hard to put down, and a good read through out the whole novel.

1 comment:

  1. Watchmen is without any doubt the film I was so very much hoping for. A perfect adaptation of the novel is impossible, but this is the closest Snyder could've possibly gotten.

    ReplyDelete