Mar 3, 2009

The Reader


This movie amazed me. It had me floored. At first i didn't know what to expect. It started out with an older woman having an affair with a teenager. But then it picked up, and i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. 
Its a story about a woman who loves to be read to. Through out her life she has people read to her again and again. This character is played by non other than Kate Winslet, who deserved the award for best actress in this past academy awards. As certain events happen in her life, she eventually ends up in prison, and her teenager affair, now grown up, sends her books on tapes. I am giving a brief description with holding many details because it is a treat having them unfold in-front of you on the big screen. I will say that it has to do with Nazi Germany and the holocaust. But i will say no more. There is a secret that is held until the end of the movie, a secret that we all take for granted in our daily lives.
Ill have to admit, i did cry a couple of times through out this movie. It moved me very much. Though most of the movie was flashbacks and talking, it had you on the edge of your seat. It had your head in your hands saying "why dont you do something" or "why dont you say something." IT was a movie very easily for me to get lost in the plot, and to get so involved with the characters. 
I recommend this movie to anyone in a chill mood of course, and who like drama romantic movies taken place during a historical movement. It is defiantly a different outtake on the holocaust.
i can rave all day about how much i loved this movie. I thought it was excellent. BUt i want to try and keep this posts short and sweet. I give it a 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful film that you people must watch. It is a brilliant, sexually charged, and oddly heartbreaking tale about the complexity of human morality and the lifelong repercussions that result from our actions.,

    ReplyDelete