Mar 21, 2009

Let the Right One In




I really enjoyed this movie. I enjoy Swedish cinema in general. They aren’t so much wham bam thank you mam. They allow the characters and the plot to develop a bit more than most American films. As to what type of movie this is… I would say it’s a romantic thriller. Others may disagree, but then again, this is my opinion were reading here.

The plot of the movie is about a 12 year old boy who gets picked on a lot and is lonely, and has no friends. His next-door neighbor is a 12-year-old vampire, and she is very lonely as well. He pursues her in a relationship not knowing that she is a vampire. She has a father, who kills for her so that she can drink blood, and the town catches on and the father gets caught. No she must survive on her own, killing whom she musts in the small town.

The movie had its creepy parts, had its cute parts, funny parts and really bloody parts. The super bloody parts were not exactly scary, though they could have been made scary, but very settle allowing one to soak more of it in. The cinematography was very great. Very beautiful shots, which I think is hard to do when most of it is in the white snow. The killing scenes are actually really well done. I really enjoyed watching them. I know that might sound creepy, but when you see bright red on white snow, there is something cool about it.

I would actually recommend this as a good date movie for many reasons. First off, it’s scary enough to hold someone’s hand in, but at the same time it wont have you having nightmares or scared of the dark. It’s a good love story. And it also is a good foreign film, and girls are always into guys who like foreign things, it means they are open to change.

This is a movie I would like to buy and keep in my collection. I think the children in this movie did such a fabulous job. They amazed me and impressed me so much. I enjoyed seeing the main boy grow and struggle, and also the vampire come to grips with her life. This is so much better than Twilight, but comparing them is unfair because they are in two different leagues. I look at twilight as the romance novels you can pick up in the grocery store where it looks like Fabio is on the front, to where Let the Right One In is a novel that is a good read front to back, and it has a good ending. 

1 comment:

  1. I would say its good movie to watch for.It has romance.thrill and few sacry scene.Its complete package.I like this movie.Each character played their role beautifully.

    ReplyDelete