Mar 4, 2009

Milk


Milk was good. Watching the movie was good because it informed me on the political side on the gay rights movement. It has been going strong since the 70's all because of a man named Harvey Milk. Milk is the Martin Luther King for the gays pretty much. He was able to do   for them and their rights in the state of california and in the city of san francisco. I thought Sean Penn and James Franco did a wonderful job in this movie. I personally liked James Franco's performance better than Sean Penn's, but thats not saying that Sean Penn was anything short of amazing. THis is a movie worth watching, but not worth seeing more than once. Its long, and very political. To me, personally, it was dull and boring at parts, and i am not that big into politics. I think it was a good movie for the gay movement, and i think it probaly empowered a lot of activists out there, which is good in my opinion. People need to fight in what they believe. 
I give this movie a 4 out 5.
it tells a great story of a great man who fought for his rights. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to see milk!
    Too bad it's rated R... (Im trying to kick that habit.)
    I think there's a book about it though, so maybe I'll read that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes R stands for Riveting

    ReplyDelete