Mar 3, 2009

King Of California


King Of California was actually one of the first movies i saw when i got back from my mission. It wasn't by means the best movie to see right off the mission, there was better blockbusters and major hitting films, but this one was fun to watch. 

Written by Mike Cahill who also wrote space ghost coast to coast and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, you can bet it has it quirky moments that make you look dumbfounded. Staring Michael Douglas and Evan Rachel Wood as a father daughter team, the plot of the movie is essentially a treasure hunt bringing family together. 

Michael Douglas gets released from a mental hospital and moves in with his daughter who he has abandoned most of his life. At first she keeps her distance from him, especially as he goes on about buried treasure. He finds out that the treasure is buried under a costco, and convinces his daughter to help get to it. Do they find gold? or do they get caught? 

I really enjoyed this movie. It is a movie that i have added to my DVD collection. Its fun to watch with people who have never seen it before, and its pretty entertaining with its weird characters. I give it a 3 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I watched this movie online but I don't like to watch it again.It doesn't seem that interesting for me.If my opinion is asked about this I definitel say No to watch.

    ReplyDelete