Mar 3, 2009

Children Of Men


Recently someone told me to rent "Children of Men." They recommended it to me since i like clive owen as an actor, and i like good action movies with twist. They had one thing right when they recommended it to me, it had clive owen in it.
To be honest, i wasn't the biggest fan of this movie. The acting was just terrible. THe plot was cool, but it left so many holes in the story. I was left with so many questions through out the movie, most of which developed at the begging of the movie. It left me in the dark for a while. I really think that they should have made it a two part movie, but that would have pissed more people off. 
Lets get back to the acting though... i cant believe how cheesy it was. I usually like most clive owen films, but this is one that i am not a big fan of. He personally doesn't make the movie bad, it was a team effort by the whole cast and crew. 
THough i do give the movie props for the special effects. It was pretty entertaining to watch. They made a apocalyptic future seem like it could be right outside your door. Slowly, i think this movie could be a sneak peak into the future, global unrest from a global depression. 
All in all, i give this a 1 out of 5, maybe a 2. Its something that i would never brag about owning, and i brag about owning street fighter and both mortal combat movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment