Mar 16, 2009

The Usual Suspects


Last night, my Friend Justin and I watched “The Usual Suspects.” It was good, even though I had a hard time following the plot. It was weird seeing Benico Del Toro so skinny, and play a character similar to Brad Pitts Mickey in Snatch. I also think it was the only big break Stephen Baldwin ever got besides Bio Dome, which I admit I am huge fan of. I really do enjoy watching Pauely Shore movies. Kevin Spacey was of course creepy and weird as he is in most of his movies.

Directed by Bryan Singer (Valkyrie, X-Men, X-Men 2) this crime drama starts out with a boat explosion and the one survivor of it, Kevin Spacey “Verbal” speaking to a police officer in an integration room. It all happens as the police line up five conmen who were suspected for a hijacking a truck in New York. Since none of these con men did it and were found not guilty, these conmen wanted to get revenge on the police department. While doing this revenge, they cross paths with an urban legend named Keyser Söze, and each of them have wronged him and must pay him back now. But really, who is Keyser?

This movie had cool twists, explosions, violence and great characters. My favorite person to watch in this movie was Kevin Spacey. He played a weird gimp guy that they called “verbal” Very smart man, and always with a plan. The movie is told from his point of view, and he is a very interesting character. Would I see this movie again? Of course I would, but only to better understand it. Overall I give this a 2.5 of 5. It was great, it wasn’t awful, it was good, and super confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment