Mar 27, 2009

Green Street Hooligans 2


(Green Street) Hooligans 2-Stand Your Ground

When I first discovered that they made green street hooligans 2, I nearly wet myself I was laughing so hard. Not to say that the first green street hooligans wasn’t good, in-fact I still love that movie. Green street hooligans was an amazing movie done by Lexi Anderson who ended up directing the new punisher movie, which is an interesting film carrier for a women director. Green street hooligans is tough to beat when you have Elijah Wood and Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) as your main characters. But that movie left no room for a sequel, or at least a good one when you think about it. This brings us to GSH 2.

GSH2 first only has one returning character from the first movie, which is “Dave” played by Ross McCall. Reading the plot of the movie before actually seeing it gave me very low expectations. But once I saw it, I was more pleased than I thought I would be. So as I give you the plot of this movie, don’t jump to conclusions on how bad you think it might be.

The plot is follows the deadly climax of "Green Street Hooligans," several members of the West Ham firm and numerous members of Millwall end up in jail. The GSE quickly discover the brutality of life on the inside, as they are constant targets of the superior numbers and better-financed Millwall crew. Football on the inside and out is followed fervently by the prisoners and wins and losses by both are quickly followed by punishment or reward. This could mean a beating or an extra shower or a day of visitation, which inspires extreme behavior. When overcrowding compels a need for the early release of a fortunate few, fate brings West Ham and Millwall together again this time on a Pitch. The stakes are the highest they have ever been for all concerned with death or freedom quite literally a goal away. Game on. So in a nut shell, lots of gang violence and fights.

The movie was mostly gang violence and fights. Well, firm (futbol gangs) violence and fights. They fight because they root for different teams. Soccer is obviously more than a game. Books and movies like fever pitch written by Nick Hornby would agree that futbol is just more than a game, but most people don’t see it that way. I have to admit, some of the violence I could just not watch. One scene a man gets beat to death with a weight in the workout room and it is a bloody mess. The actual soccer playing in the movie was complete crap as well. It was boring to watch. One great soccer movie with sweet jail revenge involved is “Mean Machine” with Vinnie Jones, but besides that, green street hooligans 2 was better than I thought it was going to be, but it was still crap.

1 comment:

  1. This is a movie which you can watch for entertainment.It has some very nice scenes which you surely gonna like.I like the movie and script both.I like crative work a lot.

    ReplyDelete