May 2, 2009

X-Men Origins Wolverine



Wolverine-Men Origins

 

This movie was totally bad-a. I was entertained the whole time by it. There was never a time or part where I said that this was really boring, or to much talking. I thought that concept of the movie was way rad, and I really liked the way the movie developed and carried itself.

 

Gavin Hood directed this, and I haven’t seen his work before, but now I look forward to seeing more of his work. He did a good job of doing a contrast of light and evil. The plot of the movie is about Logan/Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and his Brother Victor/Sabbertooth (Liev Schreiber) they grow up in Canada, and they are mutants but no one knows it. They fight side by side each other in all the wars starting from the civil war through the Vietnam War. Then a man named Stryker (Danny Huston) put together a team of mutants to take care of the military’s dirty business. Logan gets tired of all the killing and decides to move back to Canada and live with his girlfriend in a secluded home. It’s not that easy for Logan. Stryker wants him back, and Victor wants him dead. Why would his own brother want him dead, and Stryker want him back? Logan then finds out that Victor kills his girlfriend, and finds Stryker for answer

s. Stryker says that he will do an operation on him that will make him indestructible and able to kill his brother. During the operation, he overhears that they want to erase his memory and have him work for Stryker and Logan wakes up and creates hell. He is bent on revenge for his girlfriend, but there is so much more to the story.

 

This movie was so awesome. There was no foul language, and lots of amazing fighting and battle scenes. I really enjoyed the last battle scene with Deadpool, Victor/Sabbertooth and Logan/Wolverine. It’s not a scary movie, I think its okay for kids over 7 to watch for sure. Of course there was some cheesy lines, but overall the writing was pretty good. David Benioff wrote it, who also wrote Tory, Kite Runner and Stay, all excellent movies, and did a good job of making the history of wolverine come to life for actors. I have to admit though, Gambit was kind of a wuss and disappointment to me in this movie, sorry Gambit friends. I really thought they would have made him cooler, and not so gay looking.

 

Hugh Jackman and Liev Schriber did so awesome in this movie. They were a great team together, and the fight scenes they had were so legendary. Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool was pretty entertaining as well if I do say so myself. Hugh Jackman is a sexy man in this movie, I’m just saying. I would recommend seeing this movie. It is so good and so worth the time and money. It was pure enjoyment. 

1 comment:

  1. good to know... I'm even more excited to see it now. Also, I'm pumped that you are reviewing movies and I know about it now. I trust your opinion, and it's the worst to go to a anticipated movie and be disappointed. Anyways, thanks.

    ReplyDelete