May 16, 2009

Angels and Demons


Angels and Demons

I was very excited to see this movie. I read the book about a year ago, and have been anxiously awaiting the release of the movie ever since. I must say, it did not live up to what I wanted it to be. No doubt it was good, but it wasn’t excellent, but most def better than the Da Vinci code.

Directed by Ron Howard, and staring Tom Hanks, this movie tells the story of Robert Langdon, the Catholic Church and the illuminati. The illuminati are swearing revenge on the Catholic Church for what they have done to scientist hundreds of years ago. They kidnap cardinals and brand them with signs of the earth, and plan to blow up the Vatican City. The Catholic Church calls up Robert Langdon who understands the history between the church and the illuminati, and is a master of symbology.

Ill start off with what I thought was good first. First, I thought it was entertaining. Awesome shots of the Vatican City, and of Rome. There were some good suspenseful scenes, and some good history lessons tied into the movie. The ending scene was truly phenomenal and they did a pretty good job of making a computer made Vatican City.

This is what I didn’t like about the movie, they changed a lot of things from the book. They took out my favorite fighting scene between Robert and the hit man at the Bernini fountain, and they didn’t have the whole story of why the scientist was killed about his daughter. It wasn’t exactly true to the book, or as much I would prefer it to be.

It’s a fun movie to watch, but its nothing epic in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment