May 18, 2009

Race to Witch Mountain




Race to Witch Mountain

This movie was fun to watch. I saw it in my local dollar theatre in town, so I know it is coming to DVD soon. I say rent it. For a Disney movie made for families, it was surprisingly fun and action packed.

Directed by Andy Fickman, who directed She’s the man and is doing the new Johnny Quest film that is coming out in 2010, and staring the Dwayne Johnson (the Rock), this movie tells about Aliens that come to earth to learn about photosynthesis to save their home planet. While these Aliens are on earth, an evil bounty hunter that the Rock protects them against is hunting them down. The Aliens are kids, brother and sister, and hire the Rock as their cab driver to get them to places. The government and evil bounty hunters chase them. It was surprisingly entertaining.

I found myself actually enjoying this m

ovie. I think it’s a fun family feature film for everyone to watch. I wouldn’t mind watching it again with some little kids, or my nephews.

Yeah, it was obliviously cheesy with the one-liners and such, but it is a kids movie with the Rock, what do you expect? I actually had lower expectations going into the movie, and they a little bit above met. I didn’t think it would be that entertaining of a movie, especially so action packed with explosions for a PG Disney movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment