Feb 23, 2009

My post thoughts of the Oscars

I will make this a short posting, since I am at work, but overall I liked the Oscars this year. I was a bit skeptical about it at first, but over all it turned out good. There was no outrageous fashion, everyone looked pretty good, no lengthy speeches (expect one speech I didn’t really care for) and the true winners really did win for the most part.
On my predictions I was 7/10, which isn’t bad. I have hard time discerning my thoughts from my hopes sometimes, but for most of the guess I put who I thought will win, and who I think should win. I was wrong on Best Actress, Foreign Film, and original screenplay. I wasn’t to amped on the guy who won for “Milk”. Was it really necessary to bring up that you came from a conservative Mormon home? I didn’t think so. It was pointless. He could have just said conservative Christian home, but the fact that he said Mormon will give him more press. I thought it was pretty lame.
I am glad Heath Ledger one, and I really enjoyed his families acceptance speech. Slumdog did come away with a lot, but it was also a really great film. I am glad that Danny Boyle finally won, even though he should have won for trainspotting way back when.
The highlight was Hugh Jackman making a great claim and prediction, “THE MUSICAL IS BACK!” Which is coming true. I am really excited to see more and more musicals hit the screen. It’s an art form that is so fun, and requires so much talent. I hope to see more and more as time comes. I wonder if they will do a “Wicked” musical….. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment