Feb 24, 2009

Everything is illuminated


Upon Request, i am doing a review on Everything is illuminated. Might i add, i love that i have been receiving requests on certain movies. Its totally awesome and making me happy.

I loved everything is illuminated. It was such an amazing film. Liev Schreiber (sabbertooth in the new X-men wolverine movie, and in a very good movie called the painted veil) directed this film. It is based off of a novel by Jonathan Safran Foer (who also wrote extremely loud and incredibly close, my favorite book ever to read) with Elijah Wood (who plays Jonathan Safran Foer) It is an excellent all around movie. It is about a young Jewish American man who endeavors to find the woman who saved his grandfather during World War II in a Ukrainian village, that was ultimately razed by the Nazis, with the help of a local who speaks weirdly funny broken English. The man who speaks broken english is non other than Eugene Hutz (singer for Gogol Bordello) and he is awesome in it.

I enjoy almost every minute of this film. It very beautiful. SO many beautiful shots, and a great story line that is easy to get emotionally involved in. I loved it. I give it a 4 out 5 on my grading scale.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow, I feel so honored. :)
    Thanks!

    This is my favorite movie right now, I'm really glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good. I loved it. i am even more honored that you asked me to do it. thanks. feel free to ask me to do any other ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the novel on which this movie is based but movie is yet to be seen.Now after reading your reviews I think I should watch it very soon.Thanks for your point else I miss this movie.

    ReplyDelete