Feb 25, 2009

In Bruges, is now in my top ten forever


In Bruges, Written and directed by Martin McDonagh is pure genius. I think it was one of the most original and funny movies i have seen in a long time.

My friend Nathan and I watched it thinking that it was not going to be that good because Colin Farrell was in it. He was by far the funniest character i have seen in a while. His character reminded me exactly of me if i were a hit man. The kid had so much ADHD, and was distracted by everything, mostly midgets. Brendan Gleeson added so much to the comedy, by pretty much being the parent of Colin Farrell.

The plot of the movie is that Farrell and Gleeson are two hit men from englangd, and one of them accidentally kills a little boy. Their Boss, Ralph Fiennes (The Reader, Voldermort in Harry Potter, chumscrubber) sends them to Bruges for a vacation and to get away from England until things cool down. Their boss think it will be perfect for them, because Bruges is a perfect fairy tale land.

Farrell hates the place, and gets so bored. From his boredom, he gets into different kinds of trouble, and becomes friends with the most interesting people. ITs a movie that had me laughing pretty much the whole time. I would recommend to watch it with subtitles, because the accents are so thick, and it might be hard to catch all the settle humor and jokes. It is not a slap stick movie, just very silly and funny in a smart way.

I know i am an easy grader, but i mostly put movies up here that i like, except Gomorrah. BUt i give this a 5 out 5.

1 comment:

  1. Great movie.I expected it to be a good movie but not such a great movie.Its full on comedy and you can't stop yourself to laugh in some scenes.Must watch movie.

    ReplyDelete