Jun 23, 2009

The Proposal




The Proposal

I didn’t think I was going to like this movie as much as I did. It was built up by my Mom a lot. She really liked it, and ended up seeing it twice. So going into the movie, my expectations weren’t extremely high because I ignored my moms praising of the movie and I typically don’t like Sandra Bullock. But I ended up walking out of the theatre really liking the movie and thought it was cute and fun. It wasn’t hard laughs or funny the entire time. There was drama involved, as well as romance and comedy.

Directed by Anne Fletcher (27 Dresses, Step Up) and staring Ryan Reynolds (Just Friends, Van Wilder, X-Men: Wolverine) and Sandra Bullock (Lots of crappy movies) Oscar Nuñez (Oscar in the office) Craig T. Nelson and Betty White (Golden Girls). It was a good cast expect for Bullock, and it was fun. Ryan Reynolds of course was the star of this movie and made this movie good. He has a good sense of humor to him, very witty and sarcastic that hasn’t gotten old yet. He has proven to be able to play many different roles, and he will stick around for a long time.

Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock) is the executive editor-in-chief of a book publishing company, Colden Books, who forces her assistant Andrew Paxton (Ryan Reynolds) to marry her in order to avoid being deported to Canada. He grudgingly accepts, under the condition that he is promoted to the position of editor. When the government investigates, the two are forced to spend the weekend with his parents in Alaska in order to sell the lie. The family suggests they could marry the same weekend, and they reluctantly accept. They start to fall genuinely in love as they spend more and more time together. The question is, what happens to them? Do they get caught? Stay in love? Move to Canada? Or do long distance?

This movie really makes you hate Sandra Bullock. She is just so mean in it. But you start to feel bad for her towards the end and I ended up feeling some sympathy for her. I really liked Betty White, she has always been funny. In real life she is 88, and she is still rocking. One thing I liked about this movie was that it took place in Alaska. Not to many movies take place in Alaska, so I thought it gave it a cool spring to it. The shots of Alaska were amazing and beautiful, and almost made me want to live there, but then I realized I hate small towns.

Oscar form the office plays the town gigolo and is pretty good in this movie. He got me laughing pretty hard couple of times, especially when he tries to give Sandra Bullock a lap dance and tries to hit on her too. There were some pretty good classic scenes, and honestly this is a good date movie despite the fact that Sandra Bullock is in it.

One part I didn’t like was when Sandra Bullock was covering up here naked body with her hands. She doesn’t have the best looking body, and it was just awkward looking at. I actually felt weird looking at it. Like it usually those scenes are meant to make you laugh and feel embarrassed, but this felt weirder because she is just a weird woman. But other than that the movie is harmless.

I would see this movie again. I recommend people to see it. It’s a cute date flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment