Jun 7, 2009

Land of the Lost



Land of the Lost

This movie was crap. I didn’t enjoy it at all. Actually that’s not entirely true, there were parts where I did chuckle a little, but I don’t think saying things are “gay” or masturbation jokes are the best jokes, I think they are just cheap laughs.

Directed by Brad Silberling (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events) and staring Will Ferrell, Anna Friel (Goal, and Goal 2) and Danny McBride (Foot fist way, Hot Rod, Pineapple Express). The plot of the movie is that on his latest expedition, Dr. Rick Marshall (Ferrell) is sucked into a space-time vortex alongside his research assistant (Friel) and a redneck survivalist (McBride). In this alternate universe, the trio make friends with a primate named Chaka (Taccone), their only ally in a world full of dinosaurs and other fantastic creatures. Can they all make it back to our world alive, and if so: Will Dr. Marshall can go from zero to hero with his discoveries?

This movie did have some cool visual and special effects. Ill give it that. I enjoyed seeing the dinosaurs and cool backgrounds. But it seems l

ike a big waste of money for cool background stuff for such a lousy movie. I am just so over Will Ferrell. He is dead almost. He needs to venture out and play different roles, or at least not have the main role. He cant fill it like he use to. Anchor man was good, because it was original. But every movie after that, was just trying to top anchor man and I am just over it now. One thing that really pissed me off about this movie was some of the sacrilegious stuff Ferrell said through out the movie. Usually that doesn’t bother me, but when he started joking on Christ being on the cross, I thought that went to far.

I think Ferrell should go back to his roles like in Stranger than Fiction, or Melinda and Melinda. He has overplayed his character of random outburst and prideful humor. He is just not funny anymore as the main role. Danny McBride actually I think did the best in this movie. He was hilarious as the supporting actor in Pineapple express, and he did good as the supporting actor in this role as well.

All in all, I would not recommend seeing this movie. It’s a piece of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment