Jun 27, 2009

My Sister's Keeper



My Sisters Keeper

It’s hard for me to give an honest review for this movie. I am not a big fan of movies were the point of it is to make you cry. Trust me, this movie makes you cry. It’s hard to give a bad review on a sad movie, so I don’t know if my review on this is exactly right or wrong. I hate to admit that, but it’s sad, and it made me cry, but I also don’t like those types of movies at all. I think it’s a cheap way to get people to like your movies. Like Will Smith being in Seven Pounds or The Pursuit of Happiness, it was just a cry out loud of an Oscar to the point of it was to make you sad. I hate feeling sad. But in all honesty, My Sisters Keeper was a good one-time watch.

Directed by Nick Cassavetes, who also directed Alpha Dog, the Notebook and John Q, seems to have a place in his heart for emotionally tugging movies. This movie stars Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) Cameron Diaz, and Alec Baldwin, this movie takes you into the hard and sad life of the Fitzgerald family. Sara and Brian Fitzgerald had a baby girl who was born with cancer. The only to save her, was to make a test tube baby who be the perfect donor for their daughter so that her daughter could live. As time goes on, and the daughter, Anna (Abigial Breslin) realizes that she wants her own control of her body and decides to sue her parents for the right of her body so that she doesn’t have to be a donor to her sister Kate anymore. It is a very emotional story. It tells the story from every family members point of view, and the hardest is watching Kate’s point of view, the daughter with cancer. At the end, and surprise happens which tears the family apart at first, but brings them back together. Each story is unique and special, and they all have their own tender touching moments.

I thought Cameron Diaz did amazing. This is one of the best roles I have ever seen her play. She played this psycho mom who would stop at nothing to save her daughter with cancer. She was a hero, but a hero you hated. It was hard to really love her character, but at the same time that’s why makes Cameron Diaz so amazing. I don’t think I have ever been so impressed by Cameron Diaz before, expect in Being John Malckovich.

Things I didn’t like about the movie were that it was hard to tell wither or not it was flashback happening or if it was present time for the family. That got frustrating at times. Also, at the peak of one of the saddest parts, it was ruined by the Dad saying, “who wants pizza” and the most random bearded dude says “yes, defiantly” I’m like what the crap, that ruined one of the best sad scenes. But I was also grateful for that, because it was a bit of an emotional toll on me.

I think the little Abigail Breslin did an all right job. It’s hard to live up to her name in Little Miss Sunshine. She did amazing in that. This was a role that I didn’t like as much. She still did good, but it almost sounded like she was just saying her lines, instead of being really into it. Same with the actor who played her little brother, he did horrible in this movie as well.

All in all, I would say see this movie at least once. You have to be in a certain mood for it though. It’s a very sad movie to watch. It tugs at your heart and pulls your emotion strings. I am not going to say that it was amazing, or totally awesome. I frankly wasn’t the biggest fan of this movie, but I also hate very depressing movies. I only saw this because my roommate and girlfriend wanted to see this.

10 comments:

  1. This review SUCKS...... my sister;s keeper was amazing and sad movies are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the movie but I don't think they should have changed the ending-anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. great movie!!!!!!!!!!! Good job Cameron Diaz and others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bicha feia essa cameron dias kkkkkkkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cameron diaz is SUPER!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i liked the book better. i actually LOVED the book, it was amazing. and if you see a movie after you've read the book and can pick out the little things missing, the movie isn't as great. it's hard to fit a 423 paged book in an hour and a half long movie, but the way they change and cut pout and edit things from the book makes me hate the movie :( maybe if i didn't read the book first, the movie would have been more enjoyable. i lovee tear-jerkers and it's true the girl who played the character of Anna didn't do a great job...in the book she wasn't portrayed as such a drama queen. i liked the book so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cameron diaz es una de mis idolas.. te amo nena... desde paraguay les escribo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book is sooooooo much better, if you havent read it its definatly worth the while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. uhh hated the movie. to sad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like It Te Felicito Cameron Diaz

    ReplyDelete