Jun 3, 2009

17 Again



17 Again

Surprisingly, I actually really enjoyed this movie. I don’t know if its because I had no expectations for it before going in, or the fact that it was actually pretty good. I enjoyed myself the whole movie, but that is because I am sucker for chick flicks most of the time. But I was surprised at how funny Zac Efron actually was.

Directed by Burr Steers (Igby Goes Down) and staring Zac Efron (High school Musical) Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) Leslie Mann (Drilbit Taylor, Knocked Up, 40-year-old virgin) and Thomas Lennon (Reno 911). It was a good, fun, clean family flick. It was predictable in way, but it made it fun. I am not a Zac Efron fan, but this was so good. He did very well as the lead role.

The plot of the movie is Mike O’Donnell (Perry, Efron) was a High school Basketball star, and had it hall. His best friend Neo (Lennon) was always by his side. On the night of his big game, where college scouts were looking at him, his girlfriend comes with some breaking news. She is pregnant. O’Donnell doesn’t go to College, and just works to live. He blames his wife Scarlett (Mann) on ruining his life. They are in the middle of a divorce and O’Donnell moves in with his Billionaire nerd friend Neo. O’Donnell meets a “spirit god” and gets a chance to redo his high school life. He poses as Neo’s son, and enrolls into his kid’s high school. So what is the point of reliving the age of 17 again?

I don’t know, but this movie was so funny to me. I was laughing most of the time. It is a movie I wouldn’t mind seeing again in theatres, or owning when it comes out on DVD. I love using words like tool and douche to explain people, and this movie u

ses those words well. I especially liked Efron playing an adult being stuck in a teenager’s body. It was awkward to see a cool hip kid speak like an adult to high school students. He was extremely awkward and funny.

I liked the ending of the movie very much. It was cute a

nd sweet. Honestly, I didn’t think it was a waste of my time or money. It was a good chick flick that was easy to enjoy for me. But at the same time, I love chick flicks.

1 comment:

  1. oblow leather jacket

    zac efron another movie which I watched with my friend its really superb

    ReplyDelete