Apr 4, 2009

AdventureLand


Adventure Land

Honestly, you will get a different opinion from most people on this movie, but I loved this movie. Mostly because I could relate a lot to the main character. He reminded me a lot of myself, a hopeless romantic, and also someone who wants to be a writer. Most people were expecting a super bad kind of movie, since the movie poster says right in the front “from the director of superbad”. But overall, it wasn’t the most amazing movie ever, but I think it was a good/fair clever romantic comedy.

 

Directed by Greg Mottola (director of Superbad) and staring Jesse Eisenberg (The education of Charlie Banks), Kristen Wiig (SNL), Bill Hader (SNL, Hot Rod), Martin Starr (freaks and geeks), Ryan Reynolds (New X-men movie, Just Friends, Van Wilder) and the ever fabulous Kristen Stewart from Twilight. It was a good cast that worked really well together. I especially liked Stewart and Eisenberg as the two main characters. I thought they did very well together. There was really good chemistry between them, and they felt very real. I have always been a fan of Stewart ever since the movie “In the Land of Women” She does well at playing the bad ass troubled teen. But they were a good team together, and I would really like to see them work together again.

 

The movie is A comedy set in the summer of 1987 and centered around a recent college grad (Eisenberg) who takes a nowhere job at his local amusement park, only to find it's the perfect course to get him prepared for the real world. He deals with girls, heartache, love, and the finding the right one. It’s a simple, but entertaining movie. (For a more detailed plot, with spoilers, click here)

 

The thing I liked most about this movie is that the characters seemed so real. They weren’t trying hard to have characters that were so far fetched. They seemed like people that you would meet in real life. I especially could relate to the main character James (Eisenberg) because I have had similar summers, and I have been known to be a hopeless romantic. I really liked the character Kristen Stewart played too. I think this is her best role yet. She really shined in this movie, especially when you compare it to twilight.

 

The things I didn’t like about this movie was Ryan Reynolds character. I am not use to seeing him be a douche bag, so that was weird. But he always seems to small weird parts in the weirdest movies. There was some down time parts and slow parts that could have been better. But overall, I liked the movie better than I didn’t like it. I give it 1.5 thumbs up.

 

Just a warning, it isn’t as filthy as superbad, but there are some F-bombs and lots of pot smoking. But if your bored, I say catch a matinee of it, but if your over 40, you might not like this movie that much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment