Jul 5, 2009

Public Enemies Review


Public Enemies

To be honest, there was a lot of hype to this movie, and it did not live up to it. I have to side with the reviewers who didn’t like this movie. This was not Depp’s or Michael Mann’s masterpiece by any means. This movie lacked many things that could have made it great.

First off, this was one long big police chase. That made if fun and entertaining, but at the same time, you didn’t get to know the characters. There was so much going on with the plot and the characters that it got annoying.

Now I am not saying this movie is complete garbage. It was fun to watch. I am glad I saw it. I enjoyed the gun shot sounds, and I enjoyed the grainy soap opera feel that the movie had. Depp and Bale did an amazing job in this movie. I really enjoyed watching them in this movie. Depp always plays such a good sly bad guy.

I am in a pickle with this review. I didn’t love it or really like it, but I wouldn’t mind seeing it again. I enjoyed the action and seeing Depp play John Dillinger. But once again it lacked things that bothered me.

For example, it told a couple stories at once, and you never knew what was going on in each story, how it started, how it ended, and where the crap they are. I didn’t enjoy that. There were people talked about in the movie, and when they talked about them, you never saw them.

I don’t know. I guess see the movie and see for yourself. I didn’t love it or hate it. I was just ehhh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment