Jul 13, 2009

Bruno


Bruno

I did not like this movie. I rarely walk out of movies, but with this one i walked out in the first 10 minutes. What made me walk out was the long gay sex scenes with a little asian dude, and the minute clip of Bruno doing a windmill with his penis. It just wasn't for me. Now i know i didn't sit through the movie long enough to really say that it was awful, but the first 10 minutes was enough for me to make me feel uncomfortable and want to leave. I thought it was a poor excuse to get cheap laughs.

In the previews, the movie looks really funny. I didn't get to those funny parts when actually watching the movie, mostly because i was tired of seeing a bunch of dick. ONe thing i thought was interesting was that in the movie theatre mostly Motorcycle Bros and big truck guys were in this movie. They must have felt more weird with all the penis in the movie. BUt anyways, i feel that some penis and gay jokes are funny, but showing gay sex and flopping your dong on screen for a minute is way to far for me, and just not funny. i think its a poor excuse to get laughs, and personally i am surprised they were allowed to show that in a rated R film. I know that it progressively gets worse as well, even showing female nudity. Getting an R rating for this film was like getting away with murder.

Borat was not as bad for me. I could handle Borat. I thought that was funny and clever. Bruno could have been much funnier if it didn't focus so much on penis' and made more vocal jokes. I was really bummed i wasted my time with this movie. I feel like its a stand up comedian who only uses swears and sex jokes to get a rise out of people, and get shock credit. But when a comedian uses clean language, and talks about normal things that aren't shocking, it is a lot more creditable, funny, and it takes more talent and skill.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the movie and although some of the scenes worked better than others, for sheer inventiveness, audacity and brilliant ad-lib comedy, Baron Cohen remains at the top of his game.

    ReplyDelete