Jul 15, 2009

Harry Potter: The Half Blood Prince (The new 6th movie)












So I saw the midnight premier of the new Harry Potter movie. I got inline at 4 p.m. in the afternoon and waited till midnight. The real question is, was it

worth it? Was it worth $10 to sit in a long line outside in the heat for 8 hours? Was it worth staying up till 3 a.m. and missing my first class in the morning and waking up the next day super exhausted? The answer to all these questions is YES, it was worth it.

Every Harry Potter movie seems to be better then the next Harry Potter movie. It’s because the story keeps becoming better, and the characters develop more along with the story, and it keeps getting darker, which I find to be entertaining.

This movie is the sixth movie in the series of books and movies. Directed by David Yates, who directed the last Potter movie order of the phonenix, and doing the new 7th book movie split into two parts, and staring the normal cast for the most part with the expection of new ones, this movie takes you into the memories of the past and the dark secrets of the future.

I don’t want to give to much of the plot away, mostly because I am not sure if I am spoiling things or not. The most important thing to know about this movie is that Harry is starting private lessons with Professor Dumbledore, during which Harry learns the dark secrets of Voldemort's past, hoping that they could use these secrets to find a way to defeat him. Harry's year gets even more stressful with the suspicious actions of Draco Malfoy, who has been sneaking around the school doing, so Harry assumes, Voldemort's bidding. Harry quickl

y becomes determined, and slightly obsessed, to find out exactly what Malfoy has been up to and putting an end to it.

One thing I didn’t like about this movie is that it left me with so many questions. I am to eager now for the 7th and 8th movie. I would read the book, but then I would have to start from the begging and I don’t know if I am willing to make that commitment. That’s a crap load of reading just to know what happens. People tell me I cant see all the movies and then just read the 7th book. But this ending is most def a cliff hanger that leaves you with questions.

This movie had awesome features to it. It was very comical, and yet very dark. Ron was the comic relief of the movie, and so was Harry when he drank a potion that made him “drunk” but was told that it would give him confidence in whatever he does, which in real life alcohol does to you. The love squabbles that happen between everyone is quite entertaining as well, but in the end true love takes its course.

It had many good creepy dark moments too. I loved all the death eaters in it. There is a scary zombie like cave scene that will make everyone jump and screen for the first time seeing it. It had a lot about death eaters which was fun to see and learn and about.

One thing I had hoped for in this movie is that we would see more of Lord Voldermort instead of his pale, creepy looking childhood past. I always have enjoyed seeing the Dark Lord, mostly because he has really cool long fingers and no nose which amazes me.

All in all, the movie was a fun watch. I enjoyed myself as much I have in all the Harry Potter Movies. I say it’s the best one, only because each one gets better as it tells more of the story and its mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment