Sep 13, 2009

Band Slam

Band Slam

So I saw this movie at the dollar theatre, and trust me it was worth a dollar, but nothing really more. This movie was awkward to watch because pop kids take cool music and try to make it main stream and appeal to the Jonas Brothers fan base. So for some reason it really bothered me. I don’t want Jonas Brothers tweeners to know about the history of the Velvet Underground from a main stream movie with Disney pop stars. Besides me being upset about the music they talk about in the movie, the movie actually wasn’t all that bad. It was pretty funny, and it was funny to see Vanessa Hudgens play a depressed anti-social girl.

Teenager Will Burton lives in his head, and his head is filled with music. When his mother, Karen Burton, gets a new job in New Jersey, Will starts his junior year at a new school only to find the old cliques still apply, but rock-n-roll rules the scene. Perpetually a misfit, Will strikes up a friendship with like-minded outsider Sa5m (the 5 is silent). They are both surprised when the school's "it" girl, Charlotte recruits Will to help assemble a band to compete in "Bandslam," a battle of the bands that is "Texas High School Football BIG." Charlotte's ex-boyfriend Ben Wheatly is poised to win with his band Glory Dogs - Springsteen wannabes down to their hats. For the first time in his life, Will finds he is uniquely suited to not only participate in something, but to truly make a difference

All in all, I didn’t really like this movie. Not the biggest fan of it. I was really bummed that I had to sit through the whole thing, and that the music they played really wasn’t that good.



I think this photo says it all, this movie is cheesy and is trying hard

2 comments:

  1. Bandslam, a musical comedy drama directed by Todd Graff, is about the efforts of a gifted singer and a teenager to put together a rock band to compete in the biggest music event of the year. Charlotte Banks is a talented musician, has got everything to turn her into a true rock star. It’s a nice movie, I have watched Bandslam twice as I had this movie in my collection.
    Download bandslam movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great musical drama comedy movie. One of brilliant movie directed by Todd Graff. This movie blasted my expectations out of the sky. even though it is rated PG, this movie is probably the best for teens aged 12-17.

    ReplyDelete