Oct 1, 2009

Surrogates


What to say about this movie… Well, I guess one thing I could start off by saying is that this movie was entertaining and did have some value to it. But on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 5. I don’t know if I am being generous or harsh with the 5, I want to give it a 4 but I felt it was to mean. Also, I am not the biggest fan of sci-fi stuff either. Compared to majority of sci-fi films this one actually could be believe able.

I compare this movie to kids being addicted and obsessed to games like “The Sims” or world of war craft. Games where you build your own world around you, and be who you want to be, look like what you want to look like, and do what you want to do, and live your life through these games. People are living their lives remotely from the safety of their own homes via robotic surrogates -- sexy, physically perfect mechanical representations of themselves. It's an ideal world where crime, pain, fear and consequences don't exist. When the first murder in years jolts this utopia, FBI agent Greer (Willis) discovers a vast conspiracy behind the surrogate phenomenon and must abandon his own surrogate, risking his life to unravel the mystery.

There are things I hate and like about the movie. The things that I really liked where the special effects. I thought they were pretty cool. Seeing Bruce Willis looking like a doll and jumping from buildings to buildings was pretty cool to see. It had some good action sequences, and some very good twists to the plot. I liked that there wasn’t to much bad language, or any sex scenes. It was pretty clean for the most part.

The movie had bad acting though. I cant pin point why it bothered me, maybe it was the writing, but I remember being bored with the dialogue majority of the time. Bruce Willis isn’t exactly the greatest actor in the world, I mean he is good, but this movie had no body to really support him well enough to make this a block buster. I personally think he is getting to old for these cop action movies, way to old.

4 comments:

  1. I hated it. I was absolutely bored the whole time during this film. I am surprised you even gave it a 5. It was absolute cliche, the whole way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of sci-fic movie but this is the worst movie I have ever seen. It was really bad and can't say anything good about this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the message of this film. It is true that we, people are always seeking for perfection, especially for beauty. For me, it is a nightmare if a person gets into the point that she/he wants to replace his/her whole physical aspect. Yes, there are things that can help us to enhance our aesthetics, like wearing Tony of Beverly wigs. But the true beauty is truly inside our heart, and being true to ourselves is one of the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very boring movie. I hated it. I was bored throughout the film. I had great expectation with film but got only disappointment. Do go for it..

    ReplyDelete